Monday, January 29, 2007

Keep in mind I've seen "Grey Gardens" on Broadway


STW's production of Arthur Miller's adaptation of Henrik Ibsen's "An Enemy of the People" is one of the most powerful shows I've seen in years. Like most writers, I inadvertantly spend half my night in a theater dissecting the script and the production. By the second or third scene, though, I was so engrossed, that the critical portion of my brain relented and I absorbed the play strictly as an audience member. (Of course, if the script weren't seemless, this would have been impossible.) And I cried. In public. Which is something I almost never do. (Yes, I have a friend in the show. But, obviously, that's not why I'm writing about it.)

Details:

January 18 - February 17, 2007 $20

7:30 pm Thurs - Fri - Sat
Special! purchase 4 tickets for the price of 3!
click here to purchase tickets online BrownPaperTickets
or telephone (800) 838-3006
THURSDAYS PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN at the door

Richard Hugo House
1634 11th Avenue on Seattle's Capitol Hill

More:

http://www.strawshop.org/

No comments: