- At this very moment, I do not have a fever.
- I was able to attend an arts event last night for the first time since Memorial Day weekend, i.e. the onset of shingles.
- For most of the past three weeks, I've used my cane instead of forearm crutches.
- While I was in a whole lot of pain today and, to borrow Carrie Fisher's line, felt like I slept under an elephant's foot, and, also, was unable to leave the house until 5:00 p.m., I still walked from my place to Denny Ave (stopping several times, but hey) and on the return loop grocery shopped at QFC.
- On the way home, I was able to carry a light bag of groceries on my "bad" side, i.e. the shingled one.
- For the past three weeks, I've been able to do all my own grocery shopping, laundry, dishes, and have whisked away my own garbage and recycling.
Fingers crossed, wood knocked, salt tossed.