Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Mike Todd died in a plane crash and my father consoled Elizabeth Taylor with his penis."--Carrie Fisher

Sure, her recent work might benefit from tighter editing, but Carrie Fisher will always be in the pantheon as a writer and as an actress. In a characteristically hilarious new interview, she holds forth on her legacy; plans for her ongoing one-woman show, Wishful Drinking; her laugh-or-you'll-cry geneology; and Tea Baggers.

From Pop Eater:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/14/carrie-fisher-interview-tea-party-star-wars-wishful-drinking/

Side note: If you don't consider "Rosemary's Baby", the season #2 episode of "30 Rock" in which Fisher guest-starred to be the reason TV was invented, odds are good I don't like you much.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Ooh, thanks for the tip! Fisher is kind of my idol. (Wish her show would come to my town!)

I haven't seen that ep of 30 Rock, but I will chase it down forthwith.

Litsa Dremousis: said...

Agreed! It's ridiculous how much I adore most of her work. Said "30 Rock" ep is on iTunes; Tina Fey refers to it as one of her favorites, too. Definitely worth repeated viewing.